The SPLOT program is a highly effective tool intended for simulating the HP-GL/2, HP-GL, HP-RTL, or DXY-GL plotters on the display of your PC. The SPLOT program is the very thing you need to make your work with the plotter more effective. The SPLOT program will give you a guarantee that you will always draw on your plotter what you really want. That is why it will save your nerves, your time, your plotter, pens and paper, that means your money.
The SPLOT program offers these main features:
- comprehensive support of the HP-GL/2 language.
- comprehensive support of the HP-RTL language.
- comprehensive support of the HP-GL language (according to the type of simulated plotter).
- comprehensive support of the DXY-GL language (for ROLAND plotters).
- partial support of the PCL language.
- possibility of printing a drawing to the printer in high quality. In this way the SPLOT program will make a fast and excellent plotter of any printer.
- exporting a drawing to the PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, WMP, HP-GL, HP-GL/2, DXY-GL, DXF and DXB formats.
- integrated PDF viewer and markup tool.
- directly send plot file(s) to a specified port or device.
- E-mail plot file(s) to an e-mail recipient.
- batch support for print, export and send functions.
- possibility of making drawing cuts (the Trim function). So you can scan, draw on the plotter or print only the selected part of the drawing.
- the Zoom and Pan functions.
- embedded File Explorer for quick and comfortable access to the plot files and with Favorites.
- integrated ZIP archives support.
- unique SPLOT archive format for easy and secure plot files sharing.
- Full Screen.
- and much more.
The SPLOT program can be used by:
- anybody who wants to work with his plotter in the WYSIWYG style (What You See Is What You Get).
- anybody who wants to develop his own plotter program applications. You can reach it with the SPLOT program easily even if you do not own the plotter at all!
- anybody who wants to use his printer as a plotter occasionally or constantly. In many cases using a printer may be faster and moreover, this may be an alternative of a high quality.
- anybody who wants to program a printer in graphics mode and at a high level and who does not want to develop complicated software which would enable it. In these cases using the HP-GL language in connection with the SPLOT program seems to be very advantageous for creating own graphics outputs. The HP-GL language can be learned very easily and in addition, it offers unexpected possibilities.
The SPLOT program is available with various plotter types. This means that there are provided DLL modules designated for simulation of a certain plotter type. This principle gives the maximum reliability of simulation of the given plotter type. At present the DLL modules for the following plotter types are at your disposal:
* - Only partial support of the PCL language is provided.
An UNREGISTERED COPY of the program is available only with the HP-GL/2, HP 7475A and HP DraftMaster DLL modules. The versions with the other plotter types can be received only on the basis of a regular registration. See the Licensing, registration and evaluation information.